Monday, October 25, 2010

Woohoo! Pictures are Back

I suppose that it wasn't necessary, but the first thing that I wanted to put up now that for some reason the ability to post photos came back, was proof that I actually brought Fran along on an adventure.

The only problem is that Fran's not exactly as thrill seeking as Rory is, and therefore, there's a little less action on the rides that I take with her.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy having her with me, we just have to lean a little bit more to the cautious side.  We did get most of the way to the falls, hiked up pretty close to the top, and took a few pictures that I'll share with you at a later time.  It was a typical Thiessen date - full tank of gas, a general idea of a direction, some driving, some walking, and precious little romance.
A little sports - thankfully, the Yankees are as done as the Bombers.  Man I get tired of hearing about Derek Jeter!  Did you realize that the Yankee payroll was $150M more than the Rangers?  Marcy Ien (co-host on Canada AM, and having nothing to do with the sports part) had the best quote that I'd heard in a while.  "You can't buy a heart."  Could the evil empire be described any better?
The head honchos are coming down for a store tour on Wednesday morning (weather permitting), so the next few days will hold a little tension.  I really don't have that many expectations for us, considering how little time we've had to correct all of the wrongs that were done to this store before we got here, but that doesn't mean that the stress level doesn't rise just a little.
Anyway, even if nothing else terribly exciting happens, I'll still have a picture or two to share with you.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Conrade
    Don't be so hard on yourself, let me have the pleasure of doing that LOL.
    I'm sure the BOSS will be pleased with the way you've turned things around for the better, it does seem to be a talent of yours. I've witnessed it myself in the past at Loewens. Look at the bright
    side you must have scored some Brownie points with Fran anyway after involving her in your adventures on the Quad and hopefully the romance did come later even big proud independent boys like yourself need a little attention here n there LMAO.
    So as I said before don't be to hard on yourself I can look after that for you LOL.

    Over n out
    From: In the game James

    ReplyDelete