Saturday, October 16, 2010

Four Followers!

I'm one short of a hand full.  Did you know that they've already sent me a few emails because they would like to pay me to put commercials on my blog?  Crazy!  Or, maybe they do that to everyone.  I'm sure that somebody's got a few more followers than me.  Oh well, let's get on with it then.
Rory and I went on a crazy adventure today on the quad.  We crossed two rivers, got stuck in some quicksand, and took several grades that did not look or seem very safe.  We survived, but not without bringing home a lot of muck.  We were going down what seemed to be a fairly smooth and safe section, down to a uninhabited fishing village, when suddenly... we just sunk.  I put it in reverse, and we sunk even further.  Then we got off and tried to push, but all four wheels were just spinning in loose quicksand, while the rock plate was floating.  There didn't seem to be any way out, nobody to help, and we were way far from home.  Finally I went out searching near the shacks and found a 2 by 4.  I brought it back, shoved it as far under the machine as possible, and pried for all my might.  Meanwhile, I had Rory reach over and give it the goose.  One of the front wheels got pried down far enough to hit something solid, and we slid our way out.  What a relief!  That one little story doesn't do the trip justice, but that's all I feel like saying about that right now.  Maybe later.
Sports.  I can't believe that I'm cheering for the Eskimos tonight (almost about as bad as cheering for the Riders), but sometimes you've got to do what you've got to do.  For the Bombers to get the cross-over, they have to pass BC and Edmonton.  In order to make that possible, the Eskimos need to beat the Lions so that they can both be 5 and 10.  If, by some miracle, Montreal stops caring about football for one afternoon, and the Bombers manage to squeak by them, the Bombers, Lions, and Eskimos will all be tied.  With three games left after that, there should at least be a shot.  If the Lions win tonight, and the Bombers lose tomorrow, it's not mathematically impossible, but entirely unlikely.  Go Edmonton, go Bombers...

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Conrade
    I'm cracking up reading these blogs, I'd pay money to be a fly on the wall for some of the situations you end up in, they will surely hone survival skills lol. You guys take care out there and keep your boots on lol frost bite
    is not nice

    ReplyDelete