Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween - Is There a Cure?

These kids just don't stop coming to the house!  Is there no way to realize that this useless tradition of begging strangers for candy has run it's course, so we can shut the thing down?
Rory and I went in a whole different direction today.  We did catch this little scene, as well as a few high elevation lakes, but there wasn't much for excitement.  We probably won't go in that direction again.  Frannie made me a lemon and a chocolate pie today as a continuation of my birthday.  They were both awesome!
Sealift actually went a lot better than I expected.  I obviously can't complain at all, since we had at least a dozen guys show up, and I didn't move a single case of pop.
Texas looked pretty good while getting back into the world series, and the Bombers... well, there's nothing left to say about that.
Now, back to Halloween.  I was told yesterday that the town's Halloween games were going to be held on Saturday, since they don't allow much activity on Sundays, but that the actual trick-or-treating will take place on Sunday.  But, as soon as the games let out at 10:00, they all started coming for their candy.  Of course I'm not prepared, because it's supposed to be tomorrow.  The problem to me, is that I'm almost guaranteeing that all of the brats that came to the door today, will just be back again tomorrow.  Is there no end to this?  I mean, isn't this ancient tradition of superstition almost done?  I guess maybe I'm Halloween's version of scrooge, but this definitely has to be the worst tradition that we have.  It's time to call it a day!  I usually go to bed at 11:00, but it's now past midnight and the kids are still coming.  I sure hope that it will start and end a lot earlier tomorrow.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Conrade
    Trick or Treat and Happy Birthday are you really the Scrooge or just another major contributor to native obesity and a brat's best friend sucker lol weren't you ever a kid or did your childhood lack that LMAO you know what they say about payback. Well I'm pleased to hear you had lots of help with the pop and other supplies. The rewards of Frannie's baking are an obvious bonus
    that seemed to take away some of your pain oh and did you share that with Rory, I sure hope so. Today being Sunday and round 2 of Halloween you have to let us know how pleasant it's been. Have you seen any Arctic Hare,baron land Partridge or Caribou while out exploring and do you ever take a rifle with you I'm guessing you should be able to hunt any or all of thee above there also there should be great fishing close by.
    Well once again it's time to sign off
    for now so hang in there and beware of all those Ghosts and Goblins.

    ReplyDelete