Friday, October 22, 2010

The Rock

I just can't figure out what they've done to my ability to add photos, so I'm going to have to finish off the adventure with Rory story without the help of visual aids.
So far, I've been thanking everyone for joining up as followers.  Except for... The Rock.  Now, there are a few "The Rock"s that I know of.
  1. The wrestler (Duane Johnson)
  2. Newfoundland
  3. The movie (with one of my favourite Sean Connery quotes), and
  4. A radio station in North Battleford, Saskatchewan.
This leads me to believe that it could be Duane Johnson, but more likely just some toothless, straw chewing, banjo player from Saskatchewan.  I guess I should be careful about provincial slurs, seeing as how I'm a Quebecois and all.  You know how sensitive we are about what the rest of Canada thinks of us.  Thanks Perry!  (Most of you should have realized that I was just playing off of Troy Westwood's comments that sparked the naming of the Banjo Bowl, and not trying to insult any of my many family members from Saskatchewan)
Anyway, back to the story.  Before we even got to the quicksand, we had already crossed one river, and were driving along side another one.  We could look over, and see all kinds of trails on the other side.  So, we looked for what looked like the safest place to try to cross, and very carefully tried to make our way across.  We just got passed what looked like the second worst spot, when we got hung up on some huge boulders in the worst spot.  With both feet on the rocks, I put it in reverse and actually managed to slide off.  Now we were kinda caught between a rock and a hard place, in water that was really too deep for us, so I looked back at Rory and said "so, should we get off and push, or just try again faster?".  Of course his answer was to try again faster.  So I gave it some gas, and with great scraping, bouncing, and splashing, we made it to the other side.  Of course on our way back, we noticed that the trail led us to a safe and calm place where we should have crossed in the first place.
To finish the story off, just before we got back home, and at the peak of the cliff wall that I see outside my dining room window, we noticed a cross anchored in some rocks.  When we went over to check it out, I took a picture from behind the cross, that had the cross right in front of me and an awesome view of the town from up high in the background.  That was of course the picture that I was trying to post for the last several days.
Anyway, I was writing this last night, and the internet gave out half way through, and I'm finishing it off during my lunch today.  I'm still hoping to get something out tonight (weather permitting) about some interesting stats that I have found.  For those that know me that well, I'm big on stats, and was thrilled to find out that there is a tab on the top of this blog entry page that tells me where all of my hits are coming from, what kind of server their using, and a bunch of other useless junk.  Not that I'll share all of the boring stuff, but some of it was pretty cool, and very surprising to me.  So unless something wild happens and takes priority...

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment