Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Netherlands Is On The Board

Netherlands now brings the country total to seven.  Obviously a mistake.
This is just a random picture of nothing particular, just the stark beauty of this place we call home.
Our tour guys were supposed to show up at 8:30 this morning, so I was at the airport at 8:20.  Finally, at 9:35, they called to say that they weren't coming, and that maybe they should have called a few minutes earlier.  Ya, maybe just a few minutes earlier.  Like I've got nothing better to do than hang out at the Salluit airport for 65 minutes.  Thanks guys!
Yesterday, I got an update on our ship arrival, that said that they would be here on Monday.  Then today, I get an email from the ship captain that they'll be here this evening, and that I should expect the first container to be at my door by noon.  Another great big thanks to the awesome communication that takes place around here.  Realistically, I should have about 20 guys to help me out with the shipment, and now I'll have about 2 hours in the morning to line up as many drunken/stoned locals that I can roll out of bed before noon.  Good luck with that!
I hear that everyone else in North America got hit by this "weather bomb", while our weather is fantastic.  We've had a bit of snow, and one storm so far, but all of that has melted.  There's a bit of frost on the pumpkin in the morning, but the daytime highs are still slightly above freezing.  Perfect.
About 50,000 cans of pop to move tomorrow, and probably a few sore muscles to go with it.  I'll try not to complain too much about it tomorrow.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment