Sunday, October 17, 2010

Close... But No Cigar

I guess that I may have been asking a little too much.  It took OT, but the Eskimos did manage to pull off the first half of what we needed.  Most of today's game wasn't too bad either.  We had the lead for much of the first half, only to blow it with only a minute left.  Then after falling farther behind in the second half, a pretty nice surge at the end made it close.  Then, we did what we've been doing all season, folding under the pressure of the last minute.  Yesterday, I had said that it would take a small miracle, and we didn't get one.  But... it's still not over.  With thee games remaining, we're only one game behind both BC and Edmonton.  The only issue is that we need to be better, not tied.  This means of course that out of the three games, we need to win two more than both of them.  A lot to ask for!
Back to yesterday's being stuck in the quicksand.  I certainly should have mentioned the fact that while trying to shift the quad over, I ended up loosing one of my boots.  I didn't realize it, because it was only the liner that came out of the boot, and I thought that my boot was still on.  When I was doing the pushing from behind, my feet were stuck pretty well up to my knees.  As a result, once the machine started moving forward, I had no option but to fall forward onto my face.  Once we were safely out of danger, I totally lost my other boot (line, sock, and all).  So, I was walking around barefoot  in the ice cold quicksand, trying to gather all of my footwear.  One of those situations that seems pretty tense while it's going on, and grows by the minute while you talk about it from the warmth, comfort, and safety of your home.  There's obviously more to tell.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment