Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Cavalry Has Arrived!

Well, Rory, Paul, and Karen all arrived safe and sound yesterday.  We now have enough white staff, that none of the locals at all could show up, and we'd still be OK.  Rory had his first full day in the Post Office today, so hopefully we're only a few days away from having Fran start to actually look after her job as general merchandise manager.  I spent almost all day actually catching up on all of the stuff that I've been neglecting for the past few weeks.  It also looks like Paul and Karen will look after Saturday for us, so that Fran, Rory, and I can have Saturday and Sunday off.  Just like an actual weekend!  I may have almost forgotten what that's like.  My plan is to take Rory on a fairly lengthy quad ride, to show him the majesty of the northern tundra.  We're all trying to settle in here, in the mean time.  It's not only a major adjustment for Rory to be up here in the great white north, but Fran and I have also spent several years with only ourselves, so having an extra person to share space with, cooking for three, three people in the same bathroom, it's all a little bit to take in.  Obviously everything will be fine, we'll just have to all get used to each other.
Now to sports.  Phillies and Giants - Phillies in five (that's right, the Giants only win one to Tim Lincecum's starts).  Yankees and Rangers - Yankees in six (I hate the Yankees, but can't imagine that they'll lose to Texas).  Bombers in Montreal - as much as I hate to say it... I'm sure that Montreal will kick butt.  Leafs win their first three?  I can't believe it!  And of course, what were the Habs thinking when they traded Halak and kept Price?  Still waiting for Ian White's first point of the season.  So many sports all going on at the same time, and so little space to actually go into detail on any of it.  I'm totally looking forward to a little less hectic pace once we all settle in, because I would actually like to really go into depth on any one of those aforementioned topics.  Hopefully there will be plenty more drivel to come.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment