Monday, October 11, 2010

Did That Just Happen?

I know that it's been a whole week since the last entry, but man has it been crazy.  I probably wasn't going to take the time to write today either, since I managed to put in at least 12 hours of work at the store and quite a few more at home on my two "days off", but that Bomber game deserves a comment.
Having nothing to do with anything, my two dogs getting a bath.  Normally big and fluffy Buddy always looks like a drowning rat when he's wet (and not too happy about it either).
I got back into the house just before half time, to see that the Bombers have a three point lead.  Then I sit down to supper, and while I'm eating, the wheels fall off.  24 points down by the time I'm done eating!  Of course there's no way that this thing can end well (unless you're a Lions fan).  Then we decide to put Jyles into the game.  I tell Fran in the kitchen while we're doing the dishes (no point in watching the game too closely at this point) that Jyles is the kind of guy that with no pressure in this situation, should manage to actually get us close before folding under the pressure of the last two minutes.  As we're slowly coming back, I'm saying "see, what did I tell you".  Then the end comes, and the only thing that can be said is "Did that just happen?"!  Who could have thunk it?  Once again, a terrible team with a terrible record is back in the playoff hunt.  Way to go CFL!
Back to work.  I said last time that it was going to be a crazy week, with very little rest.  And I was right.  On the bright side, not only will Rory be here sooner rather than later, he's actually scheduled on the same flight up from Montreal as the other couple that works here.  With the better news of - that's only two days away (weather permitting, of course).  I'm totally looking forward to having a day, sometime in the near future, where I won't have to go into work at all.  I've had my new toy for over a month now, and I haven't even had enough chances to take it out to get the 10 hours of use necessary for the first oil change.  I guess the upside to that is that by the time I get around to it, it will be time to winterize it anyway, so I should be able to kill two birds with one stone.  The bad news for all of you followers (I'm up to three signed in followers now, thanks James.  I always said that if I can get at least three followers, I'll carry on), I should probably be coming up with some extra time on my hands to get back to some regular entries.  That also means that without enough big things happening between blogs, you might get back to being subjected to my musings on random things that you don't care about.  Welcome back NHL hockey!  Sports in October alone, should be enough to keep the pages jumping off of my fingers.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Conrade
    As for thanking me for following your blog your welcome it's a walk in the park lol remember I followed you in person for a period of time in the past.
    I still have to send you guys off some pics yet. If your son has made it as a DJ I can see were he gets some of his talent from. Hope Rory is adjusting there, he's a great kid I'm sure he will work out just fine. Tell him I said hi and give Fran a squeeze for me. Keep gabbing on here It's truely entertaining.
    Your friend
    Newfie Jim

    ReplyDelete