Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pathetic Performance

That game was painful to watch.  There were so many moments where it was clear that the Blue and Gold were not even trying.  I guess that I'll at least pay half attention to the last two games, for the sole purpose of seeing just how poor of an effort they can send themselves home with.  I don't even know where to begin.  Never mind the injured quarterbacks, the whole team's effort was lacklustre.  Biggest thing being the season-long special teams struggles.  They've been terrible all season long.  I don't believe that they need a complete restructuring, but they are going to need a new special teams coach, and a slightly different strategy in regards to letting the quarterbacks run wild until injured.  That's all I've got to say about that.
Rory and I did head out for another ride yesterday (5hours), but it didn't end up nearly as hair raising as last time, and I didn't come home with my pockets full of mud.  We first headed east, trying to get an unobstructed view of the ocean.  While we did see some great things, every time we cross what we believe to be the last mountain, there are at least three more in behind them.  I'm sure that there's a way, but apparently a five hour ride won't do it.  On our way back, we did manage to track down the elusive waterfall that we've heard so much about.  Once we figured out where it was, we realized that it can be seen from miles away, even with the naked eye.  There is a crater near the top of a huge mountain, and the river runs through the valley.  We were trying to ride up the river until we found the falls, only to realize while going by, that the falls were actually right in the crater at the top.  There is a small lake up there at the top as well.  The whole thing is simply amazing!  The only down side, is that it's already starting to freeze up there (since the altitude is pretty high), and it's not quite as impressive as I'm sure that it is during spring runoff.  I'm hoping to bring Fran up there today for a closer look, after we get a few things done at the store.  The most curious thing to me is, if that's the top of a huge mountain, where's all of that water coming from?  There has to be something more than has met my eye so far.  The last two Saturdays I've been leaving Fran at home, while I'm taking Rory out on our adventures, and obviously that's not fair at all.  So, although it's been snowing all morning, I'm hoping to get her out of the house, and even the score a little.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment