Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Big news from the big boss

Before I get to the big news, as promised, another picture.
This picture is also taken from the kitchen window.  The river runs straight towards the house, and then veers off about 40 feet from the house.  It moves pretty quick, and you can hear the rushing water, even from inside the house.
Apparently, I wasn't just impressing myself with the early numbers from the new store.  I had a conference call today with the VP of operations, and the HR manager today.  I told them that I was enjoying everything so far, but if there would be one reason for me not to stick out the three year commitment in Salluit, it would be the deplorable conditions of the house.  They told me that they would "see what they can do".  I've not only heard that many times before, but I've also said that many times before.  Usually that means that nobody's going to do anything.  Not even two hours later, my regional manager gave me a call.  He said that he just got off of his own conference call with the same two guys, and that if I can find some local contractors that have some spare material, I can just go ahead and make whatever improvements that I want, and just charge the expenses to the dwelling ledger.  Always take full advantage of you 15 minutes of fame!  That being said, I suppose that it's possible that there might not be anyone here that can do anything for me, but I've already greased a few of the more influential palms here, and I'm willing to bet that I'll get something done, sooner rather than later.  Yesterday I already lined up three or four more days worth of stuff to write about, but then this came up.  Now that I've prattled on about this, I guess that I'll just sign off for now, and keep you guessing as to what might come up next.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment