Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Welcome to Salluit

Wow!  I thought that the internet in Repulse Bay was bad.  I got my modem on Friday, and only actually got up and running today.  Anyway... the views up here are awesome!  I'm planning on adding one picture each day, just to keep you coming back for more.
This just so happens to be taken from inside the house, from the kitchen window, looking mostly due south.  As you can plainly see, the view is a little better than the flat, bare rock of Repulse Bay.

The couple that we are working with here are pretty good, and the store is awesome.  I have sold four ATVs in our first five days here.  Our sales were up 70% last week over the same time last year!  The executive VP called this morning to see if he could figure out what's going on up here.  Apparently the manager that was here last, was a real jerk and the locals are just starving for someone to be the slightest bit cooperative.  The biggest difference with the customers, is that almost nobody is buying with credit.  Obviously there is lots of money to go around, and lots of the locals are actually employed.  Three out of the four ATVs that I sold were straight cash.  The only down side so far... our house.  This place is a total dive!  Not only just compared to our last place (which was actually pretty nice), but to any place that I've actually been in at all.  The floors are so slanted, that the interior doors have to be tied to a hook if you want to keep them open.  No kidding!  I have a pair of folded pants in front of the folding closet door in our room, because even that will slide shut on it's own.  Anyway, even though there's so much to say, and so much has happened since I last wrote, that instead of rambling on indefinitely, I'll call it quits for today.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment