Friday, September 10, 2010

Call The Police!

Pretty exciting day today!  We had an attempted stabbing, a drunken brawl, and a death threat.  So of course, I'll throw in a picture of me on my new toy (totally related).
This was pretty much in the middle of nowhere.  Fran was off stretching out her legs, while I was surveying which way to head off next.
Anyway, the day started off with a "crazy" lady threatening (and attempting) to stab her husband (who was holding their baby in his arms) right in front of our customer service desk.  There was lots of shouting, with two different people running to my office to get me to call the police.  After doing this and being assured that they were on their way, I went out front to make sure that none of my staff was in harm's way.  The lady was already outside and heading down the street.  The cops came screeching up, I pointed her out to them, they chased her down, disarmed her, and threw her to the ground.  Seeing that disaster was diverted, I went back inside to ensure that none of the staff was too traumatized.  Our post office clerk just said "oh well, she's just moody".  I guess this was nothing new to the locals.
A couple of hours later, two drunken men were really getting into it in front of the customer service counter (again).  This time it was another customer who said "just give me the phone, I'll call the police on these two".  That seemed to be enough to encourage them to take their issue outside.
An hour or two later, our office clerk was not able to help one customer on the phone who was asking her to do something that we don't do at our office, when she was told that he knew exactly who she was, and that he was going to kill her.  Good thing that she's going on vacation in two days.
I still don't have proper TV, and the internet is pretty hit and miss.  Life goes on.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment