Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Joke's on Me (I guess?)

Apparently, I really don't pay that much attention.  The show that I watched last night was a rerun, and the final four had already been announced.  And can someone tell me why announcing the winner needs to be a two hour finale?  Anyway, tonight the little girl sounded very average, while the dude from Mississippi was pretty good.  And let's face it... if she wasn't only ten years old, nobody would care.  As a professional, she's not that great.  But as a ten year old, she's awesome.  So the question needs to be, is it fair for her to win simply because of her age?  It really doesn't matter does it?  Who cares, move on, there's no way that I'll watch two hours of crap to hear a 12 second announcement.  Maybe one of you will let me in on who ends up winning.
The joke's kind of on me about the two of us trying to fill four positions too.  Nobody actually told me anything about anything, but Carlson Wagonlit sent me an itinerary for a couple that's supposed to be landing in Salluit next Friday.  The down side, is that help will only arrive half way through the other couple's vacation, but the up side is that they'll be here for the general merchandise inventory that we are supposed to complete in the first week in October.
Before finding out that this couple was coming, the situation was:
  1. After being a store manager in a new town and a new store for only two weeks, they were taking away the only stable help that we had.
  2. I begged for some assistance, and nobody said a word about sending any help.
  3. There was supposed to be this inventory taking place, while the other couple was gone, even though we had never done a GM inventory before.
  4. I was fully prepared to tell them all to take a flying leap, when Carlson throws me a life line.
I still have to ask the question; isn't somebody going to tell me about this new couple that's coming, what their areas of expertise are, and what their roles are supposed to be when they get here?  Are they just here to lend a hand, are they here to do the inventory for us, what the heck is going on?  The communication around here is terrible!
Even though it happened today, I'm sure that I'll still be mad enough to complain tomorrow about the sewer and water issues that I've been having with the Hamlet over the last few days, so...

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Well Conrade it's Jim the Newfie here I just read your blogs from Aug 24 to Sept 17 so funny knowing u n picturing u guys there. I'm familiar with that environment although it's been a very long time since I've spent any time in it but it
    never seems to change much lol. As far as things go with me I'm no longer married my girls r grown up now n I've got another woman in my life she's younger then me only 6 years difference, it's almost been a year for us now since we first got together. We met in a 700 man pipeline camp in Red Earth Alberta much like were u r on native land but lots of trees not barren like it is were u guys r and internet n satellite was much more cooperative.
    She was a cook there n a good one at that one of her many talents. We just spent June July August n part of September in NL had an awesome summer Took lots of great pics n spent alot of time on the ocean if I had your Email I'd send u guys some recent pics here is mine jimbo5129@gmail.com
    drop me a line n I'l add u n send u some pics I got your Blog link off facebook but I spend VERY little time on FB n never get into any of the apps far to much public laundry
    bullshit n drama I know of people that nobody talks to n they have 2 n 3 hundred friends on FB
    lol. Take care out there n good luck. Hope to hear back from u via Email sometime in the new future.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete