Monday, September 27, 2010

How Could I Forget?

Did I manage to get through the whole weekend without mentioning Friday's Bomber game?  Unbelievable!
I was about three days late, and the picture obviously doesn't do it justice... but I threw it in there anyway.  There was supposed to be an obvious splash of red, orange, green, charcoal, and grey.  Instead, all you can see is this.   Blah, blah, blah, I put it up, now STARE AT THE AWESOME BEAUTY!  Yah, whatever.
Now... back to the Bombers.  In the first few minutes I was feeling like; oh boy, here we go again.  Then, momentum changes, and we're back in it.  Next thing you know, we're in the lead.  Wouldn't you know it, we're hanging on, going score for score, and maintaining said lead.  Guess what happened next - the Bombers that we've been watching all season showed back up, and blew it in the end.  I guess that's the only way to explain how a team that was 3-8 could have scored more points than their opponents.  They blow all of the close ones, and can't pull off a win unless they're blowing someone away, and the fourth quarter doesn't matter.
Now, back to something that I've mentioned before.  Only in the screwed up playoff system of the CFL, could a team that has now lost three times more games than they have won, more than half way through the season, still be in the playoff hunt.  They are four wins out of second place, and only two wins away from a crossover to the West.  Down side - there are only six games left.  But, anything can happen in the wacky CFL.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Conrade
    I'm still reading your blogs and I hope they are as interesting and entertaining to you as the writer as they are to me as the reader lol.
    Hang in there you can do it, after Loewens that should be a walk in the park LMAO. I have to send you off some pics and I will get around to doing it sometime soon. Say hi to Fran and don't step in any shit on your way home.
    Keep writing and keep fighting.
    Your Friend
    Newfie Jim

    ReplyDelete