Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Municipal Meltdown

I don't know if it will help, but I made the trip down to the municipal office yesterday and today.  In the last ten days, we've only been able to flush the toilets at work for four of them.  Either we've been out of water, or the septic tank has been full.  I had already mentioned one week ago today, that I was having water and sewer problems, and that I was probably going to still be mad enough the next day to write about it then.  Well... now it's a week later, and I'm just as ticked as ever.  The septic tank triggers a safety switch that doesn't allow you to run any water if the tank is full.  Yesterday I went down to meet with the mayor to let him know that I wasn't getting any water.  That way, I can't wash the vegetables, floors, use the washroom, or sell slushies or coffee.  He must have done something, because within an hour we had water.  Problem being, we also had our septic tank full.  So still no ability to use water!  I called them two times, they always say that they're sending someone down, but nobody comes.  Today I went down to the office again.  This time I met with the mayor, the village manager, and the assistant manager.  I didn't pull any punches.  I told them that within the last seven days I have called them over ten times, a mother took her son onto my front steps to take a leak, and someone took a dump in my truck bay.  What do I have to do to have you guys help me out here, so that I don't need to have people crapping on my property?  It wasn't instant, but within an hour, somebody came to pump my tank.  At least tomorrow morning, I'll be able to wash the floors.  This latest trip down to town hall may only be a temporary help, so I guess that we'll all just have to...

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment