Saturday, September 4, 2010

Brand New Toy

If you've just recently been tuning in, you might be wondering about the title of this blog.  I started this thing just two days before getting word that we would be getting our own store in Salluit.  At the time, I thought that if I were to be writing something every day, I would have to resort to rambling on with my opinions on various things (mostly sports and entertainment), and that most of the time nobody would care much about what I was writing.  I wasn't going to let that stop me from doing it anyway, hence the title "I don't care, if you don't care", because I'm going to keep rambling on anyway.  The problem is, so many new and exciting things have happened since then, that I have mostly just been trying to keep up with all the activity.  So, in continuation of what I've been doing, the last picture of the view from within our slanty abode.
That's the view from the dining room window.  It looks from our house like the highest mountain around, except for the fact that today I went to the top of that hill, only to find that the next hill is higher, and so on, and so on, and so on.  Which brings me to today's topic.

I bought a brand new toy up here.  A Can-Am Outlander 500cc 4X4.  Automatic, push button shifting, independent suspension, liquid cooled, a total Cadillac.  I used that to climb to the top of the hill and beyond.  All I was really doing, was scouting out routes that Fran would be comfortable riding with me on tomorrow, so that we could collect a whole new set of awesome pictures.  I used my staff discount as the down payment, and took advantage of the fact that our cleaning contract was free, and we don't open on Sundays.  So, I go in on Sunday to spend a few hours making sure that the store is in tip-top shape for Monday mornings.  I use the money from the cleaning contract to make more than the payments.  As a result, for a few hours of cleaning on Sundays, I'm not actually investing a single dime of my own money to have a total blast on my other day off.  I win!

On a sad note, I still haven't been able to straighten out my satellite mess, and it looks entirely possible that I won''t be able to watch the Bomber game tomorrow after our quad ride.  Oh well, I guess that's the joys of living north of 60.  Maybe my TV luck will change tomorrow.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment