Monday, September 13, 2010

America's Got Tallent?!

I was going to blog about our first day without the couple that has been here for a while.  They have gone on vacation, leaving us to do our normal jobs as well as those of the couple that's gone.  But, I've decided to go in a different direction all together.
First, am I the only one that keeps going on and on (to Fran's annoyance) about the fact that not one of the judges on America's Got Talent is American?  We've got two Brits and a Canuck.  Is there nobody in the US that knows anything about talent?  Even the main guy from American Idol isn't American.  Two of the main guest judges during the tryout section of the show were Canadian as well.  And yet, if you're not American, you can't try out for the show.  What's up with that?
Second, have you seen this little girl sing?  I'm not a big fan of opera, but I've seen lots of 300 pound broads with decades of training, that can't hold a candle to this ten year old girl.  The video and the audio just don't match.  I think Howie hit it right on the head when he asked her if she'd ever swallowed an adult, because that's what is sounds like.  I haven't actually been watching the show at all (because I just don't care), but some of the clips on the commercials made me curious enough to tune in tonight.  I was not disappointed.  Fantastic!  If she doesn't make the final four, something's definitely wrong with this show.  The dancers were OK, the guy on the bike is pretty good (somehow making bicycle riding a show), defying gravity is alright (if you don't mind the fact that it's just simple black light theatre that's about 70 years old), and the rest of the singers that are on the show are average at best.  End result - Little Girl Wins.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment