Friday, September 3, 2010

Wild Dogs

I'll get to the wild dogs in a moment, but until then, as promised, another picture.
This is may be a little bit deceiving.  If I would pan down and a little to the right, you would see the bay off of the ocean.  That actually makes for a better picture at high tide, but the bay is very shallow and doesn't look that great at low tide.  And yes, there is a totally different mountain view no matter which window you look out of.  The next picture will be the last one from inside the house, but I thought that I'd start off by giving you the views that I see without even leaving home.  Then I'll start showing you around town, and the neighbouring countryside (I'll have to take some more of those soon).

We went for supper at the couple that we work with's house yesterday.  They are pretty nice people, the supper was awesome, and their house is tiny!  Made  me not feel so bad about our slanty house (out of which we can see daylight in multiple places).  Anyway... to the wild dogs.

In Repulse Bay, there was a pretty strict rule about dogs that were not tied up.  If your dog got more than two or three houses away from your place, it probably wouldn't be coming back.  They claim to have the same rules here in Salluit, but clearly there in no enforcement.  There are wild dogs roaming all over town.  It actually makes it pretty tough to take our dogs out to do their business.  Buddy likes to bark to announce his arrival outside, which of course is the perfect shout out to all of the wild dogs to come and check out what's going on.  Once surrounded by these other dogs, our dogs are way too distracted to get to the business at hand.  So, we're always on the lookout to see when there aren't any dogs close by, so that we can quickly run out with our guys, and cross our fingers for success.

Plenty more to cover, but for the tie being my major concern is that the latest big storm on Wednesday, there are a bunch of satellite channels that we're not getting right now.  One of those just so happens to be TSN, on which I am relying upon to show me the Labour Day Classic on Sunday afternoon.  I'm not sure what I'll have to do to straighten this out, but I'll definitely be spending all of tomorrow (if necessary) to make sure that I can watch the Bombers on Sunday (or I'll have to hurry up and make some new friends that don't have the same TV issues that I do).  Let's see what happens -

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment