Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Landed and Settled

It was a pretty long day, but I'm here in big Winnipeg, and settled.  It took three flights, a few degree changes, and 14 hours, but I got it all done in one day.  Today, I was able to rent a car and get a few things done.  I didn't accomplish everything, but I got to most of them.  I stopped in to see Dave, but apparently he's currently in Cuba!  Who would have guessed?  Shows how well we communicate.  I fly 14 hours to get home, and he probably flew the same to get away from home.  Happy 25th a few months early!
When I left yesterday morning, the windchill was -57.  In Montreal a few hours later it was -9.  Then when we were approaching Winnipeg, the captain came on to say that he hoped we all brought some warm clothes, because the temperature was -29.  All I could think was how nice it will be that it's only -29.  I mean, that's already 28 degrees warmer than where I just came from.
Anyway, it's already 2AM my time, so I should probably hit the sack.  It's not that easy sleeping without my sweetie!

I love you Fran!

No comments:

Post a Comment