Friday, February 25, 2011

Back In Business (literally)

You may have noticed that there are now ads on my blog.  For you regular followers, please don't click on any of them unless something actually comes up that you are interested in.
I took a few days off of the blog because I've been really quite ill.  I still went in to work everyday, but it took enough out of me that I didn't even feel like sitting up in front of the computer.  Three days later, I'm not quite over it yet, so I'll keep it short.
If you've been following for that long, I said a few months ago, that if I got to 1,000 hits, I'd contemplate agreeing to the ads that are being suggested to me.  Now, I'm over 1,000 hits, from more than 20 different countries, and February has been my biggest month so far (by a long shot), so I figured that I'd let them put ads on my blog.  I'll go out of my way to tell my family and friends not to click on them, but all of those suckers that have no idea who I am, might as well click away.  If you use gmail, or quite a number of different things, you have seen how they have an automated system that pulls key words out of your emails or whatever it is, and try to determine which of their current clients' ads are somehow related to something that was mentioned in the writing.  I have no idea how much they actually pay per click, but I'm sure that it's not much.  One thing that I can guarantee, is that I will donate every penny made to World Vision (my charity of choice).  That being said, please forgive me for "selling out" to the corporate ad pushers.
Hopefully tomorrow will be more entertaining.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment