Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Settling Back To Normal

Well, the tournament is over, and life is slowly returning to some sort of normal.
We're readjusting to having Rory gone.  You know, we knew that he was here for a good time, not a long time, but still, spending four months with someone 24/7 means that you have to make some adjustments when they're gone.  We've phoned a few times, and emailed a few times, so it's pretty good.
I mentioned when I came back from Winnipeg, that I arrived at the same time as Fran's Christmas present, and now I'm reaping the rewards.  She got a Kitchen-Aid 600 Watt mixer, and so far I've had bread, biscuits, crepes, pancakes, cookies, cake, and probably a few other things that I've forgotten already because there's been so much.  I guess you might have to ask whether the gift was for her, or for myself.
Our fiscal year is also off to a fantastic start.  Our main measure for success is a percentage increase over the same period last year.  Right now, the third place store is up 21%, the second place store is up 23%, while we're up 43%.  It's not even close!  We're blowing every other store in the district away.  It's hard to not have a little more confidence as you're walking down the aisles of the store, and seeing so many more customers shopping than what there was before you got there.  I really don't think that it's anything that we're doing, because I don't think that we're doing that much, but obviously we're not doing too many things wrong either.
Wow, it was nice to write about something other than hockey for once.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment