Saturday, January 29, 2011

Winging to Winnipeg

It's been a fairly hectic last few days.  Scheduling Rory for his last trip out of here, and getting ready for my own 10 day adventure to Winnipeg.  It's surprising how much work it can be to try to schedule 8 months of personal business into the one free day that I'll possibly have, if the weather cooperates on Sunday, and I actually get all the way to Winnipeg in one day.  I've got interviews, accountant meetings, shopping lists, a rental car to pick up so that I can try to get it all done, and back-up plans for if the weather screws the whole thing up.  I never imagined that one free day could end up in so much prep work.
I was kind of interested to see yesterday's school yard pick, but they tried way to hard to turn it into an actual event.  A half hour pre-game show, and an hour and a half to get the picks done.  They dragged it out way too long.  Just pick your guys and get it done!  I'm certainly never sitting through that again (if they ever repeat it).
Well, either I'll be writing tomorrow because the weather kept me here, or you won't be hearing from me until I get to Winnipeg.  It's always a crap shoot.  Currently, the wind chill is -53, but it's supposed too calm down before the end of the day.  Tomorrow is supposed to be clear for my departure, other than the -38 or so on the thermometer.  One more thing before I forget (speaking of the weather) - yesterday I thought that our outdoor compact fluorescent bulb had burned out, so I planned on getting a new one and installing it today before I left.  Later, after the wind slowed down and the temperature rose a little, the light came back on.  It was simply too cold for the light bulb to work outside!  I'd never heard of that before.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment