Monday, February 7, 2011

Murder at St. Regis

Apparently it's not that much tamer here in Winnipeg, than it is back home.  On Thursday, when I went outside for a smoke, there was a congregation across the street at the St. Regis Hotel.  I didn't pay that much attention, since there usually is a congregation outside the St. Regis, until the paramedics showed up.  Some security came out to secure the area, and shortly the ambulance showed up.  They did some work on her (in the middle of the street), but didn't seem to be in much of a hurry.  Once they were gone, the cops came and ribboned off the area for a few hours, and then it was business as usual.  I found out later, that she was brought to the hospital in "critical condition", only to be pronounced dead later.  She had simply been pushed down, and subsequently hit her head on the pavement hard enough to do her in.  I guess that murder and violence seems to follow me around.
I hear that it was a pretty good Super Bowl, and I didn't even see a single play.  Sometimes you have to realize that taking advantage of your opportunities to visit with family, is a little higher priority than football.
I was also going to complain about the Steinbach branch of the TD bank, but I guess that you'll have to...

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment