Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Last Night in the Peg

Well, this is it.  The last night in Winnipeg.  I can't wait to get home!  I sat through the boredom, tried to get a few more irons into the fire, and I'm more than ready to get out of here.
Before I go on about that - I need to give a great big thumbs down to the Steinbach branch of the TD Bank.  I had already emailed & phoned TD to get me signed up for online RRSPs.  Apparently it's pretty easy.  They mail me the forms, I sign them, and mail them back.  Two days later, I'm signed up.  The problem is, by law, I must have it signed and back in their hands within 20 days of them sending it out.  Their service office is in Vancouver.  It's almost impossible for any mail to get to Salluit and back within 20 days.  I've tried twice already, and failed both times.  This time, I thought that since I was coming to Steinbach anyway, I'd just stop in at the local branch, sign the papers, and be off on my merry way.  It's my fault, of course, but due to some of the other business that I needed to get done that day, I only got to the branch at 3:00.  I didn't think that it would be any big deal, since I just needed to sign and leave.  This joker, with a serious "I'm in charge" complex, tells me that there's no way to get it done.  His RRSP sales person is booked up until 4:00 (when they close).  I let him know that I was only in town for one day, don't have time for this mess, and that I do all my banking on line anyway.  All I need to do is to sign the papers that I've already had in my hand twice, and get out of there.  He refuses to budge, and now I came 3,000 miles to sign a paper, and still can't get any stinking RRSPs.  Head office is certainly going to hear about this!
Now, back to business.  Twelve hours from now, I'll be winging my way to Montreal.  I need to spend the night there, before trying to get back north.  I've got most of the day, so I guess I'll have to see what I can accomplish there before heading home.  I say "trying" to get back north, because as always, it's weather permitting.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment