Saturday, February 5, 2011

Thumbs Down - Hertz

Hertz rent-a-car.  These guys need to get their facts straight.  When I phoned the central booking place to see if there was a downtown location, they told me that they did, and that since I was on the phone already I might as well book the car over the phone.  They told me that their version of a day was a calendar day, that I could drop the car off after hours, and they gave me a confirmation number for an Impala.  So, when I got to the airport, I took a $15 cab to the hotel.  In the morning, I gave the cabbie the address to the location, and it turned out to be another $13 cab ride to the north end where the location was.  There, they told me that they didn't carry any GM products and gave me a Ford Fusion, told me that they close their gate at 8:00 so if I wanted to drop the car off after hours I would have to do so at the airport, and that their version of a day was a 24 hour span.  After dropping off the car at the airport, I of course needed to take another $15 cab ride back to the hotel.  So, instead of taking the car from the airport on Sunday, using it all day Monday, and only taking the cab to the hotel once, I spent an extra $28 on cab rides, and a bunch of time running around town to get it done.
Just as an aside - I have a room in a 30 storey hotel, and my bedroom shares a wall with the elevator shaft, and that wall is not terribly well insulated.  Do you have any idea how much elevator traffic there is in a 30 storey hotel?  Doesn't exactly make for a peaceful sleep.  After six nights of this, I'm exhausted!

I'm almost done being here by myself,
I love you Fran!

No comments:

Post a Comment