Saturday, December 4, 2010

TREES!

As you know (if you were following along), I was going down to Kuujjuaq to do some banking on Wednesday, and I managed to see a few things of note.  We haven't had any internet for the last three days, so I'm running a little late on sending an update.
First of all, this was called a three hour flight, but only because we stopped four times along the way.  The longest leg of the flight wasn't supposed to be more than 35 minutes.  The problem was, the second last stop (just before the longest leg) was skipped, since we tried from both sides of the runway and just couldn't see well enough to make a landing, which meant that the total of the last leg was more like an hour.  Of course that's way too long for me to sit still without drifting off, so I was kind of in a fog when the pilot came on to say that we were making our final approach.  When we came out below the clouds, my eyes popped open and I shouted out loud... TREES!  I got a few chuckles from the passengers around me.  You'd think that I hadn't seen a tree for years.  I knew where I was headed, from looking on the map, but I guess that I didn't pay attention to the curves in the tree line.  I'll continue the story tomorrow, but there is one more thing that was note worthy enough to mention on day one of the story.  I was only supposed to have about an hour between my flight in and my flight out, so I only had enough time to make a quick stop at the Northern store there for a bite to eat.  At the next over table, there was a dude about my age, maybe a little older, and he sure made me wish that I'd brought my camera.  His torso, and head were totally normal, and his legs looked quite short (almost as if they were cut off just above the knee).  The short legs weren't the point though.  His feet were completely backwards!  I'm not talking about pointing to the side so much that they were almost backwards, but totally backwards.  I mean, his right boot was on his left foot, and vice-versa.  Perfectly in line with each other, only backwards.  Totally weird!
There's more to tell.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment