Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Czech That Out!

When they announced the starting goalies, I was a little surprised to see that it was Roy.  I didn't think that he played very well against the Russians, and then when he let one in only 49 seconds into the game, I was thinking "Oh boy, this could be ugly".  But just like game one, the Canadians buckled down, got to work, and got it done.
Schenn was looking like he is starting to settle into the role of points leader, while Ellis just kept on playing as awesome as he has since the first exhibition game.  Roy had a huge save during the 5 minute major, which was followed instantly by a nice short-handed goal.  The powerplay seems to have given up on the backdoor play which I was harping on, just getting some shots on net, and the success speaks for itself.  I don't like the wording of the blow to the head penalty in international hockey, and hated the call, but by the letter of the law, I guess they made the right call.
The funeral for Uncle Francis was held today, and apparently it was a very pleasant ceremony.  The weather was nice, and many of my cousins had something nice to say during the faspa afterwards.  I wish that I could have been there, but of course, circumstances (and cost) were just too prohibitive.
I went over 600 hits today.  That's over 100 just since I got back from Kuujjuaq!
Tomorrow's game should be a laugher.  9-1.  A good chance for a few guys to pad their stats.  Maybe not too much to talk about.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment