Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Wish List

At the risk of spoiling the "surprise" (not that there really is one), I'll let you know that all of my Christmas shopping was done on-line, through the World Vision Gift Catalogue.
I know that I promised this yesterday already, but weather was my nemesis (again).  And so, here we have it.  The winner is: "the mother and child reunion".  The only problem, this morning when I drove by, the child had been driven over, mom's skirt was missing, and her lower half had obviously been visited by the stray dogs several times (gross).
A few reasonably priced items that I would be interested in (other than the things that I already bought in honour of others) are:
$40 - (each) piglets
$100 - stock a medical clinic
$30 - 3 soccer balls
$30 - 3 warm blankets
$50 - art and music supplies, and
$75 - water filter for a family
On something like stocking a medical clinic for $100, you might even say out loud "that's not even possible".  But, World Vision has so many corporate sponsors that will match what they raise, that your donation on medical supplies are being multiplied 18 times!  $100 from you, equals a total donation of $1,800!  Just do it.
I'm flying out to Kuujjuaq and back tomorrow (weather permitting), and if I actually make it back, I'll provide a snowman honourable mention, and a few other goodies.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment