Sunday, December 5, 2010

Kuujjuaq - Continued

When we left off, I just finished telling you about the dude with the backwards feet that I saw in Kuujjuaq.
Before we get to the rest of the story, I should give you something else.  I'm now up to six followers!  Thanks David!  Twice as many as I was hoping for in the start.  Also in the last week, two more countries entered the mix, and were up to 10!  Can you believe it?  What a bunch of idiots.
Here's one more honourable mention in the snowman contest.  This little guy is watching the door, and keeping the house safe.  I also like the caribou mounted above the door. As I always say (and you're probably getting tired of hearing about it by now) weather permitting.  I was only supposed to have one hour between my flight in and my flight out, but the weather had different plans.  Of the multiple stops that were supposed to be along the way back, one by one they were being cancelled.  At one point, the airline guy came on the PA to say that the flight to Kangirsuk would be cancelled because the runway was "slippery like a popsicle".  Eventually it came time to cancel my stop too, so it was off to find a hotel.  While there, I thought - what better time to write a few letters.  When I went to the front desk to ask the French lady for some stationery, I was surprised to find out that she didn't have a clue what I was talking about.  Isn't stationery a french word?
The next morning, I was washing my hair in the shower, when the power went out.  It's not like the city, where you still have some water pressure for a while after the power goes out.  As soon as the lights went out, the water stopped running, with all of the lather still in my hair.  I waited and waited, and then I gave up, tried to dry the soap out of my hair, and get ready for my flight.  Right at the last minute, the power came back on, I quickly stripped back down and jumped back in the shower to rinse off.
Once back at the airport, I was also reunited with all of the people that were also waiting for their flights from yesterday.  There was one little girl that was busy playing by herself in the corner, when one of her fellow playmates from yesterday walked into the airport.  Na-na-na-na-na (apparently the universal call for "chase me"), and the chase was on... again.  Apparently, the fact that there was a night in between chases was no reason for the kids to remind themselves of the fact that they were actually strangers to each other just 20 hours ago (oh to be young and innocent again).  That's pretty much it from Kuujjuaq.
We then had to get ready to do an inventory over the next few days, which we completed today.  Got to love all of those "days off" the we get with the Northern Company.  There was a guy that flew in to help us with the inventory, and he's scheduled to fly out in the morning (weather permitting).

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment