Thursday, December 16, 2010

I Never Would Have Guessed

Nickolas Lidstrom has been in the league for 19 years, won six Norris Trophies, played 1,442 games, and at 40 years old, last night he scored his first career hat-trick.  With a career like his, I never would have guessed that he hasn't done that before.
Today was insane!  Eight families got new houses, the QST cheques came out, and the Co-op was out of cash.  None of the cheques were actually addressed to box numbers, so Rory had his hands full with irate customers that couldn't figure out why he might want to check their ID to see if they were actually picking up cheques that belonged to them.  I still haven't been able to figure out how they award the new houses.  Every one of these communities has three and four families living in each of the houses.  Most people have their names in on a waiting list.  Each year they build from 4-8 houses.  And about this time of year, they award those houses to families.  I'm pretty sure that it's not first come first serve, so I'm going to have to do a little more research to figure this out.  In any case, the houses come with a fridge and stove, but nothing else.  As a result, these last two days have been crazy with furniture sales.  I'm totally out of washing machines, fridges, sofas, and beds, while I'm down to 2 dinette sets and 2 dryers.  All this, while Christmas is in full swing.
From what I've seen so far during the inter squad highlights, it looks like offence is way up on the junior team, while defence and goaltending might be a bit of an issue.  As I recall Ovechkin saying about the Russian all offense, no defense olympic team: "The last time I checked the rule-book, the team that scores the most goals wins".  They always say that defense wins championships, but it's hard to argue with the logic.
The weather has once again been barely freezing, but still - no freight.  With huge sales going on, and no replacement cargo to fill the shelves, the store is looking a little bare.  Tomorrow is Men's night, which means another 15 hour day.  Don't expect to hear from me until Saturday.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment