Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Frannie's in the kitchen (wearing her Christmas PJs), Rory's in the living room playing DJ for us off of the 2007 Crossroads DVD, and I'm pecking away at the computer (obviously!).
Considering our locale, it's feeling a little more like a regular Christmas up here (minus the much missed families, of course), than it was last year.  We went to the neighbour's for a fairly traditional Christmas supper last night (turkey, stuffing, spuds, turnips, veggies, and of course Frannie's famous trifle).  We exchanged some gifts, and then went home to open up the various gifts that you guys sent up.
In typical "so, what did you get for Christmas?" style, I'll give you the rundown:
The love of my life was thoughtful enough to pay attention to SOME of my ramblings (although she tunes me out a lot), and remembered my many comments about how much I enjoy Michael Buble's voice, and she ordered two double disks (one of which is a live DVD where he does nothing but old standards).
I got a folding fruit knife (I'd never heard of it either).  But, it's narrow like a cigarette only longer (so that it actually reaches all the way across an apple), and it has a little fork like thing which is useful for removing pits/cores.  Of course I went straight to the store to get some various fruit to try it out (I know the manager, and can get in after hours), it worked great.
I got a deck of playing cards... with a twist.  The picture is of several Calgary Flames (including Iginla and Conroy) celebrating after a goal.  The Flames that are facing the camera, are also facing another guy (who has his back to the camera), who's jersey nameplate very clearly has a "THIESSEN" on it.  Very nice.
Somebody that obviously payed enough attention to realize that I love coffee, and that since turning 40 my evening coffee needs to be decaffeinated.  I got two packages of fair trade coffee (being conscientious and all), one with a holiday blend that I already made this morning, and was awesome.  The other with a medium decaffeinated blend, that I'll try out this evening.
I also got some scratch cards (one of which was a winner), and possibly some other gifts which may still be in the mail.  Quite obviously, everyone that I know is much more generous than myself.
Thanks to everyone that's thinking of us during this Christmas season, and know that we're thinking of you too!

Happy Birthday Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. Christmas wishes from our house. Caroline and Laura are with us today. Marty, Amy, Alison and Taylor will be back later on. We opened gifts with them earlier. Will wait for your take on the Junior games. We know you are missing your traditional brunch at Edith's. Big Hello to Rory too!! Laura is saying "yah".

    ReplyDelete