Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Smart Shoppers

If you've read the blog before, you probably already know that there's no way that this title isn't dripping with sarcasm.
Apparently, on Sunday when I was talking a little football, I failed to mention the New Orleans Saints, who would round out my top five teams.  Just thought that I'd get that out there before I forget again.
We already knew that yesterday was going to be a challenge, with the evening being Ladies' night, making it a fifteen hour day.  What we weren't exactly prepared for, was the fact that Air Inuit was making food vouchers (in the amount of $60 for every adult) available for every adult in town.  The first few hours of the day was insane!  Line-ups down the aisles.  Now, I don't really like mocking my neighbours here in town too frequently, and I know that I just did it two blogs ago, but here we go again.  You would not believe how many customers (and I know first hand, since we weren't prepared for the early morning rush, and I ended up working cash all morning) came to the till with anywhere from $100-$200 worth of stuff in their carts, let you ring items through until they reached their $60, told you to stop, and then just left the remainder of their stuff on the table (expecting you to put it away).  Did they really have no idea that $200 worth of stuff might not be covered with a $60 voucher?  Countless people would be voiding things, trying to get back below $60, be maybe 35 cents over, dig through their pockets, don't have 35 cents, and then have to void another item.  There were also a few customers who needed to void off their fruit to make room for a pack of smokes.
Don't get me wrong, there were some folks that shopped a little more normal.  There were shoppers who came to the till with all of the items that they needed, and only used their vouchers to assist them with the entire bill.
Anyway, that's not actually what I was going to talk about today, but I've already written way too much, and there's another blizzard warning threatening to knock out my internet again.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Does not seems that different from wild Christmas shoppers in the south. Think Black Friday!

    ReplyDelete