Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Russia Makes It's Move

The blog is now over 500 hits.  Russia has been hitting so many times in the last few weeks, that they have taken over third, and are making their move on the US for second, with Canada so far out front that they can't be caught.  Sounds like a preview of the upcoming World Juniors (expect to be reading lots about that).
We're now up to 7 followers (thanks Uncle Wes!), and yes, Rory is actually doing quite well in the post office.  He's holding his own against the onslaught of requests to break the law, and providing quite a lot of relief for us, along with some added companionship.  I don't imagine that Marty's move has anything to do with the Steeler pick... does it?  Thanks to the newest follower playing a  little catch-up, Monday had a record 26 page reads.
The weather was about zero today (unbelievable!), a bit of drizzle, and a serious setback in the freezing of the ocean.  The Christmas games that are usually on the ice, have already been cancelled.  Games of any kind are huge up here.  It's not strange at all to see a 50 year-old doing somersaults around an obstacle course.  We still haven't quite determined what we're going to do instead, but I'm sure that it'll still be a lot of fun.
As you could probably tell from one of the earlier comments, I'm already getting worked up about the big tourney coming up.  It's strange, when I was of junior age I didn't care that much, but the older I get the more interested I am.  I think that it's something about a bunch of unheard of, unpaid kids, that just want to wear the maple leaf on their jersey, and win for their country.  If I every win the lottery, I'm pretty sure that I'll never miss a game, no matter where they are played.  First exhibition game coming up on Monday.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. I am disappointed they cut the local boy, Ryan Murray. The defensemen they kept better play well or I will really complain.

    ReplyDelete