Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Thanks For Coming Out

10-1.  Pretty close prediction.  I can't say I didn't tell you so.  That's all I've got to say about that.
As I've been corrected by Hockey Canada for one of my earlier comments... a retraction.  The pools are decided by last tournament's standings, and the home team only sets the schedule for the games.
And now, for something completely different.
Never... and I mean never, take your running water for granted!  I mentioned several days ago, that we were having trouble with our water pump.  Well, now we're completely out of running water.  I've got several jugs going (which I'm carrying in from the store), and we're filling the toilet tank so that we can still flush the toilet.  We've got a great big pot on the stove, so that we have warm water for washing hands.  Showers, are obviously out of the question.
The other southern thing to appreciate when you have it... service people that actually care, and sometimes put effort into helping you out.  I spoke to the town manager on Monday morning, faxed in a work order (because talking to him directly is apparently not protocol), and still nothing.  I phoned him again this morning, to remind him about the work order that I had sent in, and he said that he'll call the guys right away.  Of course, still nothing.  In the mean time, I've got water all over the basement, a house full of stinky people, and no confidence that I'll have water tomorrow either.
I still don't have my Monday milk, bread, or produce at the store either.  Will it all come together tomorrow...

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the water. Yes, we take a lot of things for granted. How about the penalty for the big hit? Thought you would have a comment?! New Year's greetings from our house.

    ReplyDelete