Thursday, January 13, 2011

Carbon Footprint

Have you seen those Hyundai commercials claiming that the commercial was made with no carbon footprint?  I know that the last one was on commercials as well, and I took some time off, but before I get to some terrible football predictions tomorrow, I thought that I'd throw in another commercial, and again emphasize how much they lie to us.
We had a march against suicide today.  The Co-op closed for three hours in the middle of the afternoon to participate, and we were quite busy as a result.  It's not that I want to make light of it, and it's quite a serious topic, but I just don't understand how a bunch of people not committing suicide marching around town can even imagine that they are helping to prevent the next one.  Protests and marches seem so utterly pointless to me.
Back to the carbon footprint.  In the commercial they have: a car, material on a treadmill type sky, a bicycle type thing to turn the wheels, another similar arm crank dealio to turn the sky, and obviously a camera.  Was the metal not smelted?  What materials were used to create the movie camera?  How did they get all of this equipment to the shoot site?  There are a million other similar questions to ask, and I won't bother asking them all.  But the big question is - how do they get away with claiming that the whole commercial was shot without producing a carbon footprint?  Marketers wouldn't lie to us... would they?  Maybe the bigger question is - how dumb do they think we are?

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment