Sunday, January 23, 2011

Steelers Win - Small Redemption

With the Steelers pulling out a five point win, I get back to a 4-6 record following the Bears loss.  I'm obviously not nearly as smart as I think that I am.  With all of the experts saying that the Packers can't be stopped now that they have their brand new running game, I was busy telling folks that having success for three games against poor run defense teams doesn't mean that you suddenly have a running game.  Well, their running game looked pretty good today.  And, how was I supposed to know that the Bears would be down to their third string quarterback?
It's a good thing that the Steelers staked themselves out to a 24-0 lead, because they needed every bit of it to hang on to the lead from a late charging Jets team.  Lucky for me, my private hockey picks were a lot smarter than my football picks, so that any of my minor wagers all seemed to pay off so that I could do a little better than breaking even.
I've got some hockey rule changes to go over tomorrow.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment