Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bring It On Americans

I was finally relieved to see that Visentin got the start today.  That, of course, only lasted for a few seconds, until he let in that completely stinky goal, tipped in by our own defenseman.
This shot is actually back from the tournament opener against Russia, but even as I'm writing this, I'm looking down and seeing that I'm still wearing exactly the same outfit (right down to the pajamas).  The only difference, is that I'm wearing a black team Canada T-shirt under the jersey, since the jersey alone didn't fare that well against the Swedes.
After the early deficit, Johansen continued his domination, as he tied it up in the first.  Cizikas went top shelf to give us the lead in the second, and Leblanc put it away with a nice shot in the third.  Kassian's empty-netter was pointless, but counts anyway.  I would have been just as happy if he had carried it down into the corner and eaten up more clock, but that's just me.
We had tons of shots, with very few second chances, we went back to trying the stupid back door play on the PP (which still didn't work), and Visentin looked even more shaky than Roy.  At this point, I don't think that I'll be shocked for either one of the goalies getting the start tomorrow.  I might even lean towards Roy (I know, make up my mind).  I wouldn't even bother with a prediction for tomorrow, other than that it will be another classic match-up, full of high intensity, and probably several lead changes.

Go Canada Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment