Monday, January 17, 2011

Worn Out Welcome

Pierre MacGuire - it's time to go.
You know, I may have been the only one, but I actually appreciated Pierre when he first came on the scene.  It was mostly due to the fact that most of the time, when he was trying to make a point, and was showing a replay from the game, most of the time it wasn't a goal, or even related to or leading up to a goal.  He was just showing somebody either doing their job well, or missing their assignment.  Pretty much everyone else that I had seen, or have seen since, only show jobs well done or missed assignments that are leading to goals.
I'm not sure if he created it, but he was the first one that I heard talking about "creating time and space".  It seemed reasonable at the time, but now every game that I watch (and I have centre ice) has every commentator talking about time and space.  I'm really starting to get tired of it.
Then, there's the frequency with which he feels the need to use the word apoplectic (greatly excited or angered).  Just because you know one word that the average person doesn't know, does that really mean that you need to use it every day?  Instead of working so hard to find ways of using your one word, why don't you use half of that effort to learn some new words.
My Mom always said "It's better to leave too soon and have people wish that you had stayed longer, than to stay too long and have people wish that you had left earlier".  Pierre MacGuire - you should have left sooner.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment