Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Blog 101

Winter is finally here!  It comes with bittersweet feelings.  On the one hand, it took so long to get here, everyone's talking about how this never happens, and we came to the arctic expecting winter.  On the other hand... man it's cold!  The temp is about 27, but the windchill is more like 37.  It's howling outside, and it definitely creeps right into the house.  The dogs sure don't seem to have any sense of appreciation for it all.  The ocean finally froze over on Monday, and Tuesday had several snowmobiles cruising around on the surface.  It's a little late, but by the time it's over, I'm sure that I'll wish that it never came.
This is blog 101.  Some days I get several ideas, blog one, and write down the rest.  The next day, I'm searching for that piece of paper, because I've just got nothing.  The hits seem to have the effect.  I go days without much, and then 15 in a day (like yesterday).  We're over 700 in total, from 17 countries now, and this month alone is over 100.  It comes and goes - like my ideas.  This one's pretty much nothing but fluff, but with 15 hits yesterday, I felt like I owed something.  So, here I am, phoning it in.  Tomorrow should be the conference finals preview.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment