Thursday, January 20, 2011

Conference Finals Preview

New York Jets at Pittsburgh Steelers:  This should be a fantastic game!  The Jets have shut down Payton Manning and Tom Brady in back-to-back weeks.  The Steelers only played one game, but it was a tough one.  Troy didn't do much in that game, but I expect him to be a game-breaker in this one.  I wouldn't be surprised to have several lead changes, at least three turnovers, and it might just be the special teams that make the difference.  Really tough to call, but I'm going to take the Steelers by 2.
Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears:  This should also be a fantastic game!  The Packers did a lot more than I expected last week, and should prove to be much more than a pushover.  The Bears looked pretty good as well, but let's face it, they were playing the Seahawks.  The Bears should be rested and prepared, while the Packers might just be in over their heads.  I'm expecting it to be a really tight contest, also several lead changes, but the Packers can't do it without some turnovers and lucky bounces.  I call Bears by 4.
I'm only 3-5, it's probably going to get worse before it gets better, and only three games left.
It's still bitterly cold, Rico has reverted back to screaming when I make him stand outside, and our porch is filling up with snow.  Ahhhh... winter in the arctic.  Hopefully the wind dies, planes fly, freight comes in, and nobody asks me to make any deliveries.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment