Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Is It That Time Already?

Today I got informed that the next two days were set aside for the 2011 action plan.  It seemed to me that we just got started with this year, and I already have to start planning for next year.
I know that this picture isn't mine, isn't totally recent, and I'm not taking credit for it.  I borrowed this one from James.  It's a picture of the waves caused in Newfoundland by hurricane Igor.  There were some other ones that showed a lot more damage, but I thought that this one with the waves would have been awesome to see in person (although I'm glad that I wasn't there).
If you've ever put together an action plan, you know exactly how terrible and boring it is.  What are you going to do, how are you going to do it, who's going to be responsible for the follow-up, and by when are you going to have it completed.  Blah, Blah, Blah... who cares?  They know exactly how they want it to look, and exactly what you want to set as your goals, but you have to do it yourself.  Then when you're done, they send it back to you to change over and over again, until it looks exactly like they wanted it to look in the first place.  Later on, if you don't happen to complete everything, they'll say something like "Well this is your plan.  You put it together.  Why aren't you able to finish off the plan that you put together?"  Like you actually have anything to say about the plan that they make you type up.  Whatever!  On the upside... I have the next two days to complete it, and I'm already done 12 of the 13 categories.
While not hanging on every pitch, I did watch the world series.  It seemed odd to me that everything that Texas did for 173 games to get to the world series, totally went out the window.  The bullpen rotation wasn't used the same, batters weren't used in the same situations, everything was just off a little bit.  Doesn't everyone realize that you need to dance with who brung ya?  If what you did got you there, why wouldn't you keep on doing the same thing when you get there?  Idiots!  Now it's time to get back to focusing on hockey.  Can't wait for world juniors already!

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment