Sunday, November 7, 2010

Arctic Air Care

You never know what you're going to run into up here, so you always have to be ready for everything.
This, of course, is back in Repulse Bay again.  But, it's from August 23rd, and we had been ice free for several weeks already.  The wind just happened to be in the right direction for a few days, and the ice (from who knows how far away), just happened to blow in and clog the bay.
The point of that little flashback, was the fact that we had a drastic weather change yesterday, I mentioned that I had been sick as a dog, and a reminder from George Lessard "the Media Mentor", that the dry air of the arctic can give you an awful tickle, which may not have anything to do with any illness.
We had a brutal wind storm last night, with gusts up to 100 km/h.  Some of the gusts actually bowed out the picture window in the living room, and we could hear the squeal of air getting pulled out of the house, right through the window.  I'm supposing that some of my feeling ill was due to the change in the weather.  The other precautions that we took, were to clean the filter for the furnace, give the dogs a bath, and make myself a great big pot of homemade chicken noodle soup (aunt Betty's recipe).  Apparently, Grandpa Penner had commented that Aunt Betty made the best chicken noodle soup, so I knew where to go for a recipe.  I had something totally different lined up for today's blog (including the much anticipated who gets the thumbs down, and a picture from our trip out on the land from yesterday), but I was so pleased to be feeling myself again, that this is the most important thing that crossed my mind.  That being said, there's plenty more to say, and more pictures to show.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment