Sunday, November 28, 2010

What's Wrong With Christ/God?

I'm actually getting fairly annoyed with the increased vigor surrounding the removal of the words Christ or God from every mainstream thing that the words have managed to entrench themselves in.
The first runner up, and next in line to take over, should the winner be unable to fulfill their duties - "Snowman with life-saving vest, cheering after scoring street hockey goal".  Yes, that's his actual name.
During this last week, I have noticed:
  1. Business News Network (BNN) referring to Christmas gift shopping as "the retail year end shopping rush"
  2. Canada AM asking the question "have you finished your holiday season shopping"
  3. Rice Krispie commercials referring to their red, white, and green Rice Krispies as "holiday coloured treats", and
  4. A CBC morning news poll surrounding the discussion of taking the line "God keep our land, glorious and free" out of the Canadian National Anthem.
What is wrong with these people?  Nobody seems to be overly concerned with how often the word "hell" is used, but somehow somebody might find it offensive to mention Christ/God.  Is there somehow a possibility of having one without the other?
I do, for the most part, attempt a certain amount of politically correctness, but if someone is offended by me wanting to mention my love of God, or my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they can go to hell (not literally directly to hell of course, since only God can determine what the fate of people denying their faith, or not having any at all will be).
Totally unrelated - why does the Grey Cup have to start so late (7et)?  By the time all the introductions are done, and the game is over, it'll be close to 11 my time.  That's too late for an old-timer like me.  Don't they know that I have to get up in the morning?  Whatever, I just hope that the game is good, which of course means that my fellow Quebecois win, while the Riders lose.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment