Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Stay Cool My Friends

I know that last week most of you had some frigid temperatures, but we've had wind chills of mid 40s for about ten days, and the seven day forecast just keeps calling for the same.  While some of you will just say - well, you chose to live there, the reality is that all of you "down south" have chosen where you live as well.  Not that I'm really saying anything outrageous, it's just that we all really have to consider that in some way we have all chosen our place of residence, and have to take that into consideration before complaining about the weather.  That being said, it freaking cold!
My fresh beef came in today.  I can't understand how the two packages that were sent here, were brought to the airport at the same time, and yet one came at noon, and the other one came on a completely separate plane several hours later.  By the time that it arrived (a full day late), it was already frozen in the package, so I just put everything into the freezer.  I'm sure that it'll still be the best thing that we've eaten in several months.  Don't ask me why I didn't have at least one meal at The Keg when I was in Winnipeg, I guess that it would just have seemed like I was cheating on Fran by eating awesome steak, while she was up here eating the same old same old.
Anyway, I still feel like crap (I know - boo hoo you big baby), so I'm going to lie back down.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment