Monday, March 14, 2011

Sharing The Remote

I know that some couples have constant battles over the remote (unless of course you have multiple TVs in multiple rooms, and don't really enjoy spending time together anyway).  I have to admit though, that Fran and I have a pretty good relationship with regards to sharing the remote.  As luck would have it, our programming days don't conflict that much anyway.  Fran really only has about six shows that take priority over sports.  Amazing Race, Desperate Housewives, Bachelor, Biggest Loser, Survivor, and Grey's Anatomy.  None of those are on Saturday (big hockey day), or Sunday afternoon (NFL and NASCAR).  And, Sunday night, Monday, and Tuesday are not big sports days at all.  This happens to work out really well, and it's not like you can't keep track of a hockey game through the multiple extended commercial breaks that are taken during those big shows.
That being said, today was obviously the finale of The Bachelor, which didn't leave a lot of time for the two hockey games going on.  So, of course I do my best to follow along so that we can have a conversation about the show being watched.  It's only fair, since Fran always does her best to at least semi-follow along with the multiple things that I say about the various sports that we watch.  Before anyone starts thinking that I've gone totally soft, and that I might be sitting here shedding a single tear and being overwhelmed by the sheer romance of the finale, let's get one thing straight.  I patiently sit through the entire season, waiting for the highlight moment... when the runner-up gets dumped.  And I have to say, is it just me - or did that second place girl (or first loser as Ricky Bobby would say), put on about 25 lbs during the filming of the show?  I realize that the top is the best part of the muffin, but don't most people wait until after the engagement to let it all go?  I know... I'm such a shallow jerk!  I certainly am a lot more critical of people on TV than I am of real folks that I actually know or have met.
Oh well, it's all over but the crying.  Tomorrow... Big Fat Losers.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment