Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday Routine

I know that it was just last Sunday that I was complaining about my "Sunday Off".  But, now it seems like Air Inuit is just jerking my chain.  Last week we weren't getting any of our cargo based on "weather at location".  The weather was actually quite nice, and the mail plane always made it in.  This week our cargo was getting delayed for "mechanical issues".  In both cases, we were expecting a chartered flight to bring in our pop.  Here it is, Sunday, and our delayed cargo is getting thrown onto the pop charter, and it's all coming in on Sunday afternoon again.  Sounds suspiciously like a plan to me!
I realize that by comparison to most of you, minus 21 doesn't sound like good weather, but for us minus 21 without a lot of wind is an awesome spring day.  Perfect for taking a little quad ride to take some photos and videos to bring back with us on vacation.  The problem (of course there's a problem) is that just like last Sunday, we have no idea what time our cargo will arrive, and it's just not possible to go anywhere more than 5 minutes away from the store, on the off chance that the plane comes in and I have to start calling help to get to the store to help with the unload.
On a related note, I was thinking that with the fact that I was going to have to double the price of the pop, I might be able to sell about half as much, and I'd be lucky to break even.  I obviously underestimated the popularity of Coke!  As one of the four basic food groups (Pop, Chips, Candy, and Smokes), I barely heard any complaints at all, and beverage sales are up 20-25%.  Unbelievable!

Stay tuned.

1 comment: