Thursday, July 28, 2011

Time To Watch TV

It took several days to get it done, but we finally have some satellite TV to watch.  It's in my contract that it's a conflict of interest to be selling cable TV, and putting a satellite dish on the hotel.  I can see how it might look bad, but unless I was actually selling dishes in my free time, I don't see how it could be conflict of interest.  Anyway, I asked the board here if they cared about me getting a dish, and they didn't care at all.  We finally got all set up, so now I can finally watch a Blue Jay game.
After making a pretty big three team swap, we saw the debut of the key player of the deal tonight (it's hard to get used to the fact that their home games start at 5:00 up here).  Rasmus didn't get anything done, going 0-5 with two strike-outs, but the Jays did go one game over .500 again.
In tribute to Richard Harris, the Bombers also managed to pull out a late win against BC to improve their record to 4-1.  It only took five games to get as many wins as they did in an eighteen game season last year.
Tomorrow the big Midway festival kicks off.  Let's see how many staff show up, and if the sales come anywhere close to all of the hype that we've heard so far.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are so busy you can not even watch your TV!! I enjoy learning about the new places you take us to.
    WM

    ReplyDelete