Saturday, July 30, 2011

I've Got Gas

As expected, me, Fran, and Matt (my assistant manager) are the only ones that showed up for work today.  Seeing as how so far I am the one that has learned the least in the store, I got relegated to the gas bar.  I also knew that this is the place that would make us the most money today.  Most people have all of their supplies for the big festival going on, but they still need gas to get back and forth.  You can just imagine how much it takes to fill up a Chevy 3/4 ton and five jerry cans at $1.67/litre!
I should be fair though, we did get one cashier at the store, it's just that we're missing an office girl, another cashier, both stock-boys, and a gas bar attendant.  On the upside, during the down-time between customers there is internet and cable TV in the gas bar.  As a result, I have a chance to catch up on some emails, write this blog, and keep track of our Canadians in the Greenbrier Classic golf tournament.  Although, I may have to put up our temporarily closed sign to go and take the dogs out at some point.  They are actually right upstairs from where I'm currently sitting, so I can probably get that done in just a few minutes.
I'm just not that excited about the fact that the gas bar is open for 10 hours today, and I don't really expect the second shift girl to show up either.  It could be a pretty long day stuck in this little shack!  Some of my customers have already cut me off with my chatter, because they actually have places to go and people to see, while I'm just glad to have someone to talk to for a minute.  Maybe I'll shut the gas bar down a couple of hours early.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment