Saturday, July 23, 2011

Rock The Gas Bar

Are the Bombers for real?  The 3-1 start looks pretty good on them, especially after only winning four games all of last season.
This is where we live.  Just to the right off the picture would be the gas bar if we had wide angled it, and the open door in the front is the access to pay for the gas.  The octagonal building was set up as a heritage centre, with the attached hotel sticking out of the back.  The heritage centre was upstairs, with a restaurant and the gas bar downstairs.  The heritage centre was only open for about three years, and with nobody coming, they closed it down.  The restaurant has since closed down as well.  Then we converted that upstairs into a spacious one bedroom apartment, that is fairly new, and most of the facilities modern.  There's even a chair lift to get up the stairs.  It doesn't work, and there are nineteen steps, so there are times that I look at the lift longingly, and wondering why I'm using my own legs like a sucker.
Anyway, I had been telling myself that I needed to get some experience in the gas bar one of these days, and sure enough, today nobody showed up to work.  I knew that the Bomber game was going to be on TV in the afternoon, the gas bar isn't that busy, and there's a TV in there.  I bought a satellite dish in Inuvik yesterday, but I haven't had a chance to set it up yet.  As the cable supplier, I get my cable for free, but it's not very good channel selection.  We do, however, get TSN.  So, I got some much needed experience, while following the game.  I was a little worried in the first half, but they really turned it around in the second half, and then found a way to close it out.  That, of course, is the major difference from last year to this.  Last year they played well enough to be close but behind, this year it's close but in front.  Good teams find a way to win the close games.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment