Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Off To The Pole

My Chinese tourists happened to show up at 12:30am.  Then they weren't happy with the rooms, and two of them wanted to stay at the house across town with my assistant manager.  Then they thought that they would threaten me with not coming back on Friday on their way back down.  To their surprise, I was very glad to quickly grab the clip-board and erase their names for Friday.  This is our biggest weekend of the year.  I can easily put two strangers in the same room, charge them each full price for the room, and still have them be very happy to have a place to stay.  The last thing that I need on this weekend is a bunch of snooty tourists on their way to the north pole, thinking that I need to cater to them.
Their vehicles had a bunch of Chinese writing on the door, and I would assume that the English that was below it, was a direct translation.  Otherwise, that slogan needed some work.  It read: "From driving car, culture observes Canada and the North Pole".  They left a bunch of clothes and other items in their rooms, but I sure hope that they don't expect to come back.  I put all of their stuff into garbage bags, and cancelled their reservations.  Friday night - first come, first serve.  Hope their cars are comfy for sleeping.
Not that you asked, but hilariously... I was getting more hits over the last six weeks when I wasn't writing, than I have for the last few days that I'm back.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment